Normally associated with an aging problem, erectile dysfunction is a common disorder among men. Although this problem has nothing to do much with age. Men can take few precautionary measures to avoid encountering and help in preventing erectile dysfunction in them.
These are the Precautionary Measures to Help in Preventing Erectile Dysfunction:
1. Food which a person eats affects a lot on all of his body, and same is the case with a penis. Studies have proved that erectile dysfunction is very rear in those who follow. Mediterranean diet which includes grains, vegetables, fruits and use olive oil, fish, wine and nuts which are friendly to heart. The direct relation between sexual function and Mediterranean diet has been proven scientifically by Irwin Goldstein, director of sexual medicine in San Diego at Alvarado Hospital.
2. It’s proven heavyweight men suffer from erectile dysfunction much more than men with normal weight. Being overweight brings along with it many of health problems such as diabetes type 2 as it damages nerves through body and penis as well. Thus maintaining an ideal weight is yet another measure to prevent this condition.
3. High blood pressure and high cholesterol contribute to erectile dysfunction as it damages blood vessel which drains blood in the penis. One should keep check of cholesterol and blood pressure regularly. Digital machines to check blood pressure are easily available to check blood pressure at home. Although doctor states hypertension as a sole reason for erectile dysfunction due to arterial damage, there are possibilities for a problem in erection as side effects of blood pressure lowing medicines.
4. Exercises are good for all and necessity for a healthy lifestyle. They help all organs of the body to function properly, and same is the case with the penis as well. Swimming, running, aerobics are good a form of exercise with help prevent erectile dysfunction. But one should take care of exercises like cycling which can rather harm by putting pressure on the penis is not good. One should avoid long route cycling, and use proper cycling shorts and pads before thinking about making cycling as a daily routine exercise.
5. Men should regularly get their testosterone checked after the age of 40 since they tend to fall and cause moodiness, difficulty in making decisions, low sex drive and lack in stamina. All this altogether affect erectile dysfunction.
6. Smoking is a curse which is ruling the world today. Apart from other harms, it also damages blood vessels restricting penis to receive blood flow.
7. Any injury to the penis can also become a reason for erectile dysfunction. Penis should not come out suddenly of the vaginal area, or penetration should be avoided before the vaginal area is wet to prevent friction. If any action of partner especially during women on top hurts penis, must be stopped and changed at the very time to avoid any injury.
8. Stress should be avoided as it can also lead to erectile dysfunction because it increases adrenaline hormone levels in the body.